Pets are so important to many of us. For many they are a huge part of the family. This time of year we hear a lot about emergency preparedness. How can you prepare your pets for an emergency. Did you know Ready.gov has resources for savvy pet owners. They even have tips for making an emergency kit.
Pet Owners, Ask yourself:
- Do you have a current photo of your pet?
- Is your pet up to date on vaccines?
- Do you have copies of medical prescriptions, for your pet?
- Does your pet have current ID Tags?
- What local shelter are pet friendly?
Other things to consider.
- Have you made renovations for your pet?
- Have you taken an inventory of your, or your pets’ valuable belongings?
Keep your local insurance agent in the loop, so you do not miss out on coverage.