Dwelling Fire Policy Basics:
Dwelling: Coverage is provided for the residential dwelling, any structures attached to it, and materials and supplies on or adjacent to the location that are used for construction, alteration or repair of any structures at the described location. Coverage does not apply to land, including the land on which the dwelling is located.
Other Structures: Coverage is provided for other structures on the described location, set apart from the dwelling by clear space. This includes structures connected to the dwelling by only a fence, utility line, or similar connection. This coverage does not apply to land, including land on which the other structures are located.
Personal Property: A limited range of perils protects personal property usual to the occupancy as a dwelling. This coverage is not automatically provided in the Dwelling policy and must be specifically requested.
Fair Rental Value/Additional Living Expense: Fair Rental Value and Additional living expense provide compensation if a covered loss renders the residence premises unusable. Fair Rental Value means the fair rental of that part of the dwelling rented to others less any expenses that do not continue while that part of the dwelling rented or held for rental is not fit to live in.Additional Living Expense means any necessary increase in living expenses incurred by you so that your household can maintain its normal standard of living.
Personal Liability: This is important coverage if you or resident family members are found negligent in causing bodily injury or property damage to another party that arises out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the insured premises. In that event, you have the peace of mind knowing we will pay the legal damages imposed on you and include legal defense cost if necessary.
Medical Payments: If a visitor is injured in or around the dwelling, we will pay for the necessary medical expenses incurred by that person.
Important Notice: Contact our office if you heat your property with oil or another liquid fuel. A new exclusion is being added to policies eliminating coverage for third party liability claims. Coverage can be purchased by endorsement. Call us today to learn more.
Coverage Extension endorsement provides increased limits of coverage on certain personal property classes covered under the basic Homeowner, Tenant and Condominium policy. In addition, damages caused by backup of sewers and drains, food spoilage, waterbed damage, as well as increased liability protections are also provided. Are you aware that you can increase the limits and broaden coverage on your homeowners insurance simply by purchasing the (ACE) additional coverage endorsement? Below is an outline of coverage provided under some ACE coverage endorsements. Please contact us for more information.* The information below is intended for descriptive purposes only. Coverages are subject to policy terms, conditions and limits. Exclusions may apply. Refer to your actual policy form.
- Money, Bank Notes, Bullion, Gold (other than gold-ware), Silver (other than silverware), Platinum, Coins and Medals
- Securities, Accounts, Deeds, Evidences of Debt, Letters of Credit, Notes (other than bank notes), Manuscripts, Personal Records, Passports, Tickets and Stamps $2,000
- Watercraft (including trailers, equipment and outboard engines or motors) $2,000
- Trailers (not used on watercraft) $2,000
- Loss by theft, misplacing, or losing of Jewelry, Watches, Furs, Precious stones $2,500
- Firearms (theft only) $3,000
- Theft of Silverware, Silver-plated ware, Gold-ware. $3,500
- Debris Removal $500
- Credit Card, Fund Transfer Card, Forgery and Counterfeit Money. $500 to $1,000
- Refrigerated Products (stored in freezer or refrigerator on residence premises ) $500
- Lock Replacement (for loss or theft of residence keys) $200
- Water Back Up and Sump Overflow ($250 deductible) $2,000
- Identity Fraud Expense Coverage $1,000