As we know, downtown Springfield, Massachusetts is seeing big changes. There is so much construction happening, especially around our offices. Here are a few construction zone driver safety tips.
Why Slow Down?
- Speed limits are reduced in these areas, due to the fact that conditions can change quickly.
- Being able to stop can be the difference between life and death.
- Heeding the speed limits can actually reduce travel time because we will avoid unnecessary incidents.
Look for signs.
- Orange construction signs give us an idea of what we can expect.
- Flaggers are often present in these areas to help reduce confusion.
Cones are not barriers.
- Reducing speed and following cone zones help workers and drivers stay safe. Cones zones change a lot, so we need to pay attention to what is happening in these areas.
Click here for a more tips from the Department of Transportation.
Wondering where to park when you come into the office? Click here.